Repost This Article
Here’s a quick version of the famous Chinese dumpling soup. The name wonton (won ton) means swallowing a cloud, and the wonton (dumplings) floating in this popular soup are thought to resemble clouds.
Weight Watchers Pumpkin Wonton Soup recipe
1/4 lb lean ground beef
2 green onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
6 cups chicken broth
12-18 wonton skins
1/2 cup spinach, shredded
1/4 cup carrots, shredded
1. Reserve one green onion top for garnish; chop the remaining green onions.
2. In a small bowl combine the chopped onion with the ground beef, parsley, celery, salt and pepper; mix lightly.
3. Place approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of the ground beef mixture in the center of each wonton square.
4. Lightly dampen the edges of the square with water.
5. Bring together the corners; pinch to seal.
6. Set aside.
7. In a large saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
8. Add 1/2 of the wontons and simmer for about 4 minutes.
9. Remove the cooked wontons using a slotted spoon; keep warm.
10. Repeat with the remaining half of the wontons.
11. Cut the reserved green onion tops into thin diagonal slices.
12. Add the chopped green onions to hot broth with the shredded spinach and carrots.
13. Place the wonton in soup bowls.
14. Top with the broth mixture and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
WW points plus: 3
Total fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 13.7 mg
Sodium: 973.7 mg
Total carbs: 11.2 g
Dietary fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 10.4 g
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes:
- Weight Watchers Asparagus Pasta Soup recipe – 8 WW points, 10 WW points plus
- Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe – 4 WW points, 6 WW points plus
- Weight Watchers Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe – 3 points
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin, Potato and Leek Soup recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers Four Bean Soup recipe – 2 points
Photo credit: TheCulinaryGeek
Tags: 3 points, 3 points plus, between 100 and 200 calories, calories, chinese, Chinese recipes, Chinese soup recipe, chinese wonton soup, cook, cooking, delicious, diet, dumpling soup, dumpling soup recipe, dumplings, food, healthy, main dish, nutrition, recipe, soup, soup recipes, Weight Watchers, weight watchers chinese soup, weight watchers wonton soup recipe, weightwatchers, wonton, wonton soup, wonton soup recipe, wontons, ww points, ww points plus