Taco soup is a hearty, versatile soup with the strong flavors of Mexico. Taco soup combines the same ingredients as those used inside a taco (ground beef, olives, tomatoes, chopped green chilis, onions, beans, corn, taco seasoning and ranch seasoning) into a thick, stew-like soup.
Weight Watchers Taco Soup recipe
1 lb ground beef or ground turkey breast
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 (15 ounce) can hot chili beans
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1. Brown the the meat and onions and drain.
2. Mix the taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing mix into the meat.
3. Add all the other ingredients, without draining.
4. Simmer for about 1 hour.
5. Serve hot, topped with sour cream, cheese, avocado, raw onions, or nacho chips (optional).
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 4
WW points plus: 6
Total fat: 1.4 g
Cholesterol: 28.1 mg
Sodium: 470.3 mg
Total carbs: 38.2 g
Dietary fiber: 8.1 g
Protein: 20.9 g
Photo credit: Big C Harvey
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes:
- Weight Watcher Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe – 3 points
- Weight Watchers Potato and Leek Soup recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers 4 Bean Soup recipe – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Stuff Pepper Soup recipe – 3 points
- Weight Watchers Chick Pea Soup recipe – 2 points
Tags: 4 points, 6 points plus, beef, beef recipes, between 200 and 300 calories, calories, cook, cooking, delicious, diet, food, ground beef, healthy, hearty, main dish, mexican, Mexican recipes, nutrition, recipe, soup, soup recipes, stew, taco soup, taco soup weight watchers, turkey, turkey recipes, vegetables, Weight Watchers, weight watchers taco soup, weight watchers taco soup recipe, weightwatchers, ww points, ww points plus