This is a wonderful chicken tortilla soup recipe that everyone in my family loves. It’s very healthy, but also very spicy, so if you don’t like spicy foods leave out the jalapeno seeds or else your mouth will catch fire!
Weight Watchers Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium green pepper
1 medium jalapeno pepper, chopped
2 cups frozen corn
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup water
4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup non-fat tortilla chips (optional, for topping)
1. In a large pot, saute the garlic, onion, green pepper and jalapeno with olive oil until soft.
2. Add all the other ingredients to the large pot and bring to a boil.
3. Remove the chicken breasts and shred (using two forks to pull the meat apart) after about 15 minutes.
4. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer for about 45 more minutes.
5. Serve topped with crushed tortilla chips (if desired).
Nutritional information for one serving:
Chicken tortilla soup WW points: 3
Total fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 30.2 mg
Sodium: 829.5 mg
Total carbs: 22.3 g
Dietary fiber: 3.7 g
Protein: 17.1 g
Photo credit: pathlost
You might also like these Weight Watchers chicken recipes:
(Visited 1,189 times, 3 visits today)