The first time I tried Belgian waffles (gaufres) was this summer while on holiday in Brussels. I waited in a long line at a waffle stand just next to Manneken Pis and managed to get my hands on a huge waffle sprinkled with a little powdered sugar and topped with sliced bananas, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I fell in love instantly! The golden and crispy surface, the chewy yet tender crumb within, the topping, everything was perfect! Here’s a recipe that gets as close to the original as possible. Top with your favorite fruit and whipped cream, and enjoy!
Weight Watchers Belgian Waffles recipe
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 eggs, separated
1 pinch salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
whipped cream, for topping
fruit slices, for topping
1. Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, milk, oil and egg yolks.
2. Beat the egg whites and salt until they stand in soft peaks, mix in the vanilla and fold into the batter.
3. Pour 1/8 of the mixture into a hot waffle iron and bake for about 2 minutes.
4. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Top with whipped cream and your favorite fruit, and serve hot.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 4
Total fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 78.2 mg
Sodium: 167.4 mg
Total carbs: 29.2 g
Dietary fiber: 0.8 g
Protein: 7.5 g
Photo credit: Capeside.
You might also like these Weight Watchers breakfast recipes:
- Weight Watchers Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers Orange Biscuits recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers English Muffins recipe – 4 points
- Weight Watchers Strawberry and Banana Smoothie recipe – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Oatmeal Spice Muffins recipe – 5 points
Tags: 4 points, Belgian recipies, belgian waffles calories, belgian waffles recipe, between 200 and 300 calories, breakfast recipies, calories, cook, cooking, diet, food, gauffres, gaufres de liege, healthy, nutrition, points, recipe, Waffles, Weight Watchers, weight watchers belgian waffles recipe, weight watchers waffles recipe, weightwatchers, ww
For more easy Weightwatchers recipes, please check out our Pinterest board: