The first time I tried Belgian waffles (gaufres) was this summer while on holiday in Brussels. I waited in a long line at a waffle stand just next to Manneken Pis and managed to get my hands on a huge waffle sprinkled with a little powdered sugar and topped with sliced bananas, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I fell in love instantly! The golden and crispy surface, the chewy yet tender crumb within, the topping, everything was perfect! Here’s a recipe that gets as close to the original as possible. Top with your favorite fruit and whipped cream, and enjoy!
WeightWatchers Belgian Waffle recipe
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped cream, for topping
- fruit slices, for topping
- Combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, milk, oil and egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites and salt until they stand in soft peaks, mix in the vanilla and fold into the batter.
- Pour ⅛ of the mixture into a hot waffle iron and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with whipped cream and your favorite fruit, and serve hot.
WW points: 4, WW points plus: 5
Calories: 206 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 29.2 g Sodium: 167.4 mg Fiber: 0.8 g Protein: 7.5 g Cholesterol: 78.2 mg
Photo credit: Capeside.
You might also like these Weight Watchers breakfast recipes:
(Visited 5,770 times, 24 visits today)