This is a fabulous stir-fry shrimp recipe. It’s very easy to make and you already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen. It is sweet and spicy at the same time, just like Chinese takeout!
Weight Watchers Shrimp Stir-Fry recipe
1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Sambal Oelek chili paste with garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/3 cup green onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1. Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch and toss well to coat. Set aside.
2. Combine the soy sauce, orange juice, honey, chile paste and vinegar, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add the minced garlic and ginger to the pan and stir-fry until fragrant (for about 15 seconds).
5. Add the shrimp mixture and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the onions and juice mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes (or until the shrimp is done and the sauce thickens).
7. Serve immediately over a bed of rice (optional).
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 5
WW points plus: 6
Total fat: 8.8 g
Cholesterol: 214.8 mg
Sodium: 1234.5 mg
Total carbs: 15.9 g
Dietary fiber: 0.4 g
Protein: 24 g
Photo credit: Robert Banh
You might also like these Weight Watchers shrimp recipes:
(Visited 1,858 times, 5 visits today)