Repost This Article
These biscuits are easy to make and delicious. Make sure not to knead the dough for a long time, as this will make the biscuits tough instead of light and fluffy. You can make these ahead and refrigerate or freeze them.
Weight Watchers Buttermilk Biscuits recipe
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 cups self-rising flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup shortening
1. Set aside 1/4 cup of the flour.
2. Cut the shortening into the remaining flour.
3. Add the baking soda to the buttermilk, and stir into the flour mixture.
4. Flour a board using the 1/4 cup flour you set aside and knead the dough.
5. Roll the dough out to about 1/2 inch thick.
6. Cut the dough into shapes with a floured round cutter.
7. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes (until brown).
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
Total fat: 4.6 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 306 mg
Total carbs: 16.2 g
Dietary fiber: 0.6 g
Protein: 2.6 g
Photo credit: semarr
You might also like these bread recipes:
- Weight Watchers English Muffins recipe – 4 points
- Weight Watchers Oatmeal Spice Muffins recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers Healthy Banana Bread recipe – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Gougeres (Cheese Puffs) recipe – 1 point
- Weight Watchers Sugarless Dried Fruit Muffins recipe – 4 points
Tags: 3 points, between 100 and 200 calories, biscuits, bread, bread recipes, buttermilk biscuits, cooking, delicious, diet, dough, easy, eating, food, points, recipe, southern, Weight Watchers, weight watchers biscuit recipe, weight watchers biscuits, weightwatchers, ww