Here’s a delicious soup, very thick and lovely. It’s one of my favorite soup recipes – it has lots of vegetables, it’s tasty, easy to make and low in fat.
Weight Watchers Mushroom Vegetable Soup recipe
1 lb whole mushrooms
1 cup carrots, finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1 cup celery, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 cups water
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Clean the mushrooms, slice a few of them and set them aside. Chop the remaining mushrooms and saute them in 1 tablespoon butter in a large soup pot.
2. Add all the remaining vegetables (except the sliced mushrooms) and cook for about 6-7 minutes, stirring often.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, broth, water and seasonings.
4. Simmer, covered, over low heat for about 1 hour.
5. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
6. In a large skillet, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and saute the sliced mushrooms until tender, then set them aside.
7. Using a blender, puree the soup in batches.
8. Return the mixture to the soup pot.
9. Add the reserved sliced mushrooms and sherry to the pot.
10. Heat gently, stirring often.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 2
Calories from fat: 44
Total fat: 4.9g
Total carbs: 10.7g
Photo credit: Derf
You might also like these soup recipes:
- Weight Watchers Greek Lentil Soup recipe – 4 points
- Weight Watchers Creamy Vegetable Chowder recipe – 4 points
- Weight Watchers Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup recipe – 6 points
- Weight Watchers Chilled Cucumber and Yogurt Soup with Prawns recipe – 4 points
- Weight Watchers Summer Corn Chowder recipe – 4 points
Tags: 2 points, between 100 and 200 calories, broth, butter, calories, carrots, celery, cooking, diabetic, diet, food, garlic, main dish, mushroom, mushroom vegetable soup, mushrooms, onions, points, recipe, sherry, soup, soup recipes, vegetable, vegetable soup, veggie, Weight Watchers, weightwatchers, ww