Weight Watchers Spicy Ground Chicken recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 lb ground chicken (or ground turkey) – don’t use ground chicken in the tube
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
2-3 cups chunky hot salsa
1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
4 soft flour tortillas (optional)
1. Slice all the vegetables.
2. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray (or optional – olive oil).
3. Cook the ground chicken for about 10 minutes (until completely done).
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the garlic and onions to the pan and saute until translucent.
6. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, green and red peppers.
7. Cover, stirring often, until cooked.
8. Don’t drain the liquid.
9. Add the cooked ground chicken and salsa to the vegetables.
10. Mix well.
11. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
12. Serve wrapped in a soft flour tortilla or over rice.
One serving is approximately 430 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 210 calories, 4g fat, 4.3g fiber
Photo credit: Derf
(Visited 213 times, 2 visits today)