Repost This Article
Andreea, this one’s for you!
Sushi is the most famous traditional Japanese meal. It is a food made of vinegared rice combined with various toppings or fillings, which includes seafood and can also include vegetables, mushrooms, eggs, or meat. Sushi toppings may be raw, like most fish; cooked; blanched; or marinated.
There are various types of sushi, the most common one being maki (rolls) – sushi served rolled in dried nori sheets.
Weight Watchers Sushi recipe
Makes 4 servings
3 cups japanese-style cooked rice
3/4 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. Mix vinegar, sugar and salt.
3. Cut vinegar mixture into cooked rice until well combined.
4. To roll sushi you can use a bamboo sushi mat, or just use a clean towel instead, or you can even forego the roller and just carefully roll using your hands.
5. Place nori sheet on roller and spread a thin layer of the sushi rice over the nori.
6. Place your filling in a center line on the nori sheet.
7. Begin rolling by carefully folding over the top edge and starting the roll.
8. Continue to roll, keeping the roll as tight as possible.
9. Take a sharp knife and slice the roll into 1- 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Possible Sushi Filling Combinations: avocado, cucumber, scallops, omelet, raw tuna, raw salmon, crab meat, squid, salmon egg, lettuce, and more….
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 185 calories, 0.3g fat, 0.4g fiber
Tags: Asian recipes, Japanese recipes, sushi recipe, sushi recipes, sushi weight watchers points, weight watchers points for sushi, weight watchers points sushi, weight watchers sushi