This flavorful spaghetti sauce recipe is made with lean ground beef, basil, garlic, onion, tomato paste, and other ingredients. It is surprisingly easy to make, and ready in less than an hour. Serve over any variety of hot cooked pasta.
Weight Watchers Ground Beef Pasta Sauce recipe
1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 carrot (minced)
2 tomatoes (diced)
2 stalks celery (minced)
1 onion (minced)
1 teaspoon minced garlic clove or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 ounces tomato sauce
1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere)
4 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon basil
salt and black pepper
1 cup water (or more)
1. Mix the meat, garlic and onion in a medium pot, saute for about 5 minutes on low heat.
2. Add the fresh tomatoes, carrot, celery, tomato sauce, tomato paste, crushed pepper or chili powder, and paprika to the cooking meat; stir well for about 5 minutes on low heat.
3. Add the basil, bay leaves and water to the sauce; cook the sauce until it simmers (for about 20 minutes).
4. Add the salt and black pepper, mix well; remove from the heat.
5. Serve the sauce warm with pasta or rice. Store it in the fridge.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
WW points plus: 3
Total fat: 7.4 g
Cholesterol: 24.5 mg
Sodium: 210.9 mg
Total carbs: 7.9 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Protein: 8.8 g
Photo credit: MinimalistPhotography101.com
You might also like these Weight Watchers sauce recipes:
- Weight Watchers Yogurt Dressing/Sauce recipe – 0 points
- Weight Watchers Thai Dipping Sauce recipe – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Chasseur (Hunter) Mushroom Sauce recipe – 6 points
- Weight Watchers Dill and Mustard Sauce recipe – 1 point
- Weight Watchers Cranberry Applesauce recipe – 1 point
Tags: 3 points, beef, beef recipes, between 100 and 200 calories, calories, condiments, cook, cooking, delicious, diet, easy, food, ground beef, ground beef pasta sauce recipe, ground beef sauce recipe, healthy, nutrition, pasta, pasta sauce recipe, recipe, sauce, sauce recipes, spaghetti sauce recipe, tomatoes, vegetables, Weight Watchers, weight watchers ground beef sauce recipe, weight watchers pasta sauce recipe, weight watchers sauce recipe, weightwatchers, ww pasta sauce recipe, ww points