Repost This Article
Apple crisp is a simple, old-fashioned dessert that combines warm baked apples (or other fruit) topped with a tasty crust. The name ‘Crisp’ or comes from the fact that when you pull this dessert from the oven you will notice how wonderfully crisp and crumbly the topping has become. Apple crisps are delicious warm from the oven served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or softly whipped cream. Many different kinds of fruit can substituted for apples, such as pears, peaches, berries, etc.
Weight Watchers Apple Crisp recipe
10 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 cup flour
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup margarine
1. Places the apple slices in a greased 13×9-inch pan.
2. Sprinkle with sugar.
3. Using a pastry cutter, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, salt and margarine until it forms a clumpy mixture.
4. Sprinkle this mixture over the apples.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.
6. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
WW points plus: 5
Total fat: 5.9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 81.2 mg
Total carbs: 30 g
Dietary fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 1.1 g
You might also like these Weight Watchers fruit recipes:
- Weight Watchers Cranberry Juice recipe – 3 points
- Weight Watchers Lemon Meringue recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers Celery Pear Salad recipe – 5 points
- Weight Watchers Carrot and Raisin Salad recipe – 2 points
- Weight Watchers Orange Biscuit recipe – 5 points
Apple crisp with whipped cream photo credit: jeffreyw
Tags: 3 points, 5 points plus, apple, apple crisp recipe, apple crumble recipe, apples, baked, between 100 and 200 calories, calories, cinnamon, cobbler, cook, cooking, crispy, delicious, dessert, dessert recipes, diet, food, fruit, fruit recipes, healthy, low sodium, nutrition, old-fashioned dessert, preparation, recipe, sugar, warm, Weight Watchers, weight watchers apple crisp recipe, weight watchers taco soup, weightwatchers, ww apple crisp, ww points, ww points plus