Weight Watchers Potatoes Stuffed with Ham and Gruyere Cheese recipe
Makes 4 servings
4 baking potatoes
1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 teaspoons butter
1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 500° F.
2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and arrange them in a circle in the microwave oven.
3. Cover with damp paper towels.
4. Microwave the potatoes at high for about 6 minutes, then rearrange them and microwave for another 6 minutes (or until done).
5. Let stand for 2 minutes.
6. Split the potatoes open lengthwise in half; scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
7. Reserve the shells, set aside the pulp.
8. In a small frying pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
9. Add the garlic; saute for about 30 seconds.
10. Add the milk; bring to a simmer.
11. Pour the milk mixture over the potato pulp.
12. Add the ham, 1/4 cup cheese and the remaining ingredients; mix well.
13. Stuff the potato shells with the mixture.
14. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup cheese.
15. Bake at 500° for about 8 minutes (or until the cheese begins to brown).
WW POINTS per serving: 5
Nutritional information per serving: 254 calories, 10g fat, 2.5g fiber
Photo credit: Derf
Tags: cooking, diet, Gruyere-cheese, ham, main dish, main dish recipes, points, pork, pork recipes, potatoes, recipe, snack, snack recipes, stuffed potatoes recipes, Weight Watchers, weightwatchers, ww
For more easy Weight Watchers recipes, please check out our Pinterest board: