Repost This Article
This one’s for Brittany, who requested a Cuban sandwich recipe!
Weight Watchers Cuban Sandwich recipe
Makes 8 servings
4 (3-ounce) hoagie rolls, cut in half lengthwise
8 slices of smoked turkey
8 (3/4-ounce) slices low-fat Swiss cheese
8 sandwich-length pickle slices
For the garlic Dijon butter
1 whole head garlic
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. To prepare the butter: remove the white papery skin from garlic head (do not peel or separate the cloves); drizzle with oil.
3. Wrap the garlic head in foil. Bake at 350° F for about 1 hour; let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Separate the garlic cloves; squeeze to extract the garlic pulp. Discard the skins.
5. In a small bowl, combine the garlic pulp, butter and Dijon mustard; set aside.
6. To prepare the sandwiches: scoop out the inside of the roll halves, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
7. Spread about 2 teaspoons garlic butter over the cut sides of the top and bottom halves of each roll.
8. Arrange the turkey, pickles and cheese evenly on the bottom halves of the rolls; top with the top halves.
9. Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray.
10. Add 2 sandwiches to the pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of the sandwiches, pressing gently to flatten.
11. Grill for about 4 minutes on each side (or until the cheese melts and the bread is toasted).
12. Repeat the procedure with the remaining 2 sandwiches.
13. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally, and serve immediately.
One serving is 1/2 sandwich.
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 187 calories, 10.5g fat, 0.7g fiber
Tags: main dish recipes, sandwich recipe, snack recipes, turkey recipes, weight watchers cuban sandwich