Here’s a delicious and elegant chocolate treat that’s surprisingly easy to prepare.
Instead of grated chocolate, you can also roll the truffles in coconut. They will keep for up to 2 weeks in a cool place.
Weight Watchers Italian Chocolate Truffles recipe
Makes 24 balls
6 ounces dark chocolate (or milk chocolate)
1 3/4 ounces grated chocolate
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
3 tablespoons sweet butter
2 tablespoons almond liqueur or orange liqueur
1. In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with the liqueur; stir until well blended.
2. Add the butter and stir until melted.
3. Stir in the sugar and ground almonds.
4. Leave the mixture in a cool place until firm enough to roll into balls.
5. Put the grated chocolate on a plate and roll the balls in the chocolate to coat them.
6. Put the truffles in paper candy cups and chill.
WW POINTS for one ball: 2
Nutritional information for one ball: 79 calories, 7.2g fat, 1.8g fiber
Tags: candy recipes, dessert recipes, Italian recipes, Truffles recipe, weight watchers truffle recipe